Monday, December 19, 2011

There is always a beginning...

So I've been thinking about doing this for awhile and after the weird way the last few months have turned out, I decided what better time than the holidays to start discussing the dating blunders of the gay world. This is my first hand account of Online Dating (yup...I said it...online dating), iPhone Dating (two different things), and the true Mission Impossible (Tom Cruise listen up this is an idea for a hit movie): Finding Mr. Right. 

It was right around this time last year that I decided, along with one of my fav gal pals, Kate, to create an OkCupid profile...after a several months, longer than I'd like to admit, of being single. I filled out all of the questions and put up a profile picture from when I was tan and working out all the time, as opposed to the state I had been in which was pasty white and looking ready for hibernation. I was ready to go with the approval of Kate, and a couple other peoples reassurance that I didn't look/sound like the needy sap I was slowly becoming, I unleashed my fabulously lost self on the world of online dating! 

This wasn't so bad at first, I was getting messages and OkCupid was matching me left and right. What a great feeling to have so many matches. I must be a catch, how could they not want this sexy piece of...ok so I wasn't THAT confident in myself. But for the sake of this story and where I am now, we can say that I was Rico Suave. I began messaging with my soulmate and two other guys at the same time. I went from being lonely and single to having three internet boyfriends who I'd never met. I felt like a million bucks. I told Kate that I was playing the field...no need to get tied down right now. Who the hell was I? Playing the field???? 

My soulmate was 25years old, Egyptian, and lived in his parents basement (not everyone is perfect! Lets not judge! I was living at home too! Shut your face). He played in a band and from his headshot I was swooning. He was my first message on the site and also my first online break up. We went back and forth for a week and then he said he was seeing someone and needed to shut down his profile. I showed him though! I was messaging two other guys. So there. I don't care about you. I hadn't begun planning our 6month anniversary trip to NYC. I hadn't pictured our NYE kiss. Nope. sorry bout it. 

I moved on from him to my first stalker, Stalker Dan. He will appear periodically throughout this blog, much like he does in my life. Stalker Dan was a 29 year old teacher in Baltimore who had a tendency to go out in the middle of the week and show up to teach hungover. These are all things he told me thru messages and I continued to chat with him. He asked for my number and I willingly gave it to him, this would be the first and last time I was so flippant with something I hold so dear to me. Stalker Dan proceeded to call me every day for two weeks. Random times, random thoughts until I stopped answering. Then came the text messages. So many text messages. Daily text messages about nothing and everything ranging from 

"Hey. I'm late to work. Wanna make me later ;)" 
"No I'm good. I have to work at a normal time, sorry." 

"Hey, Im wasted" 
"Cool. Good for you"

"Want to go get some drinks" 
"No its 3pm and I am still at work...arent you?" 
"No. Im a teacher this is normal drinking time."

You get the jist. And just for the record I am completely okay with getting drunk at 3pm on any given day...just not with my crazy internet boyfriend. Stalker Dan tired me out from internet dating. I was worn out but not ready to give up. To this day I still get a random text from him every once in awhile....I do end up meeting him in person, that will be for later. Two weeks in and I have had 2 full on relationships with heartbreak. 

Internet Dating: 2
Fabulously Lost: 0

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious. I relate to quite a few things in this story...

    ReplyDelete

  2. i am miss MONICA from U K, I promise to share this testimony all over the world once my boyfriend return back to me, and today with all due respect i want to thank DR.ADAGBA for bringing joy and happiness to my relationship and my family. I want to inform you all that there is a spell caster that is real and genuine. I never believed in any of these things until i loosed my boyfriend, I required help until i found adagbaspiritualtemple@yahoo.com a grate spell caster, And he cast a love spell for me, and he assured me that I will get my boyfriend back in two days after the spell has been cast. two days later, my phone rang, and so shockingly, it was my boyfriend who has not called me for past 10 years now, and made an apology for the heart break, and told me that he is ready to be my back bone till the rest of his life with me. DR.ADAGBA released him up to know how much i loved and wanted him. And opened his eyes to picture how much we have share together. As I'm writing this testimony right now I'm the most happiest girl on earth and me and my boyfriend is living a happy life and our love is now stronger than how it were even before our break up. So that's why I promised to share my testimony all over the universe.All thanks goes to DR.ADAGBA for the excessive work that he has done for me. Below is the email address in situation you are undergoing a heart break, and I assure you that as she has done mine for me, she will definitely help you too. adagbaspiritualtemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete